Monday, November 05, 2012

Cara Reads Fifty Shades Of Grey

I was going through my stats this morning looking at who is linking to me like the screaming narcissist I am, and one of the links I came across had another link to a girl called Cara and some Youtube videos of her reading Fifty Shades of Grey. She's only read the first four chapters so far, but I was absolutely in tears from laughing so hard. When I showed StereoNinja earlier, he asked if she'd read my blog since many of her observations were so similar to mine. I don't know if she has, but she appears to be smart and know how to read, so it seems logical that she would reach some of the same conclusions about just how fucking bad this book actually is as I did when I read it because if you are smart and literate, it's pretty hard to miss.

Anyway, go watch her videos and laugh. I will start reading the third book on Thursday night and plan to have reviews up by the weekend.

5 comments:

spartangirl79 said...

Oh thank you for coming back. I read the first two books before realizing they would never, EVER turn into anything good, then almost threw the third into a pool before going and reading something educational to redeem myself. I was hoping you'd review the third because good god you are hilarious, and I don't want to read the POS, but I want to read about you reading it!

Claire said...

I love her.

Unknown said...

Oh my GOD, these are amazing vids.

Thoroughly enjoyed you walking us through the last of book two, by the by. You're doing brave work, I don't think I could properly read that literary train wreck, not even for the sake of the internets, and I love the internets.

Ros said...

Wow. You and Cara basically have my mental health completely covered. THANK YOU.

Fifty Shades Playroom said...

Buahahahah! I LOVE that youtube clip!! Thanks for pointing it out. Can't say that the books pain me as a lot of folks out there, but I do appreciate the humor in vids like that, and posts like yours. ;)